Wednesday 25 December 2013

Writer's Block

This was the worst thing that happened to me while writing the screenplay. Alex and I had a writer's block and my colleagues couldn't think of anything else. I had the plot and I knew what I needed to do but I couldn't imagine what could happen, how Ellie needs to save Alex and how the Mafia Boss will enter the warehouse. I didn't have a clue of how I should do the dialogue to make the Mafia Boss look powerful and Alex heroic but scared at the moment. I tried and tried... 3 days it took but I needed to finish this so we could start doing paperwork and shooting the film for the holidays. I then studied the plot and saw a movie regarding archaeology and played a game.

 I took the inspiration from this guy above (a criminal mastermind).. He kills the one helping the main character and then I changed the idea of the last Scene. Ellie gets taken hostage by the Mafia Boss, killing her because she is ruining his plans. After that, I knew exactly what I had to do since the plot was very clear. Jack points the gun at Alex and he gets surrounded. He cannot escape and that's how the story continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment