Monday 2 December 2013

Shot Sizes

Shot Sizes

In Classwe discussed shot sizes and angles and we watched this short film 'Lifted' by Pixar to understand them. 

We then, took a single camera production scene and wrote the shot sizes and angles. I did so, using one of my favourite movies - Rush Hour 3

Every time I watch this film, with the help of this course, I notice new filming and editing techniques. I'm starting to appreciate it more than I when I saw it back in 2007. One of my favourite part is Act 3, The fight scene on the Eiffel Tower and after, when they jump off it. I managed to find a Behind the Scenes / Making Of this part and I was really surprised how it is just filmed in a studio and green-screened. This is why I like it more than before because I appreciate their hard work. Before, I used to think that they really filmed in the Eiffel Tower but with safety equipment (Although the first fight scene in the restaurant, they really filmed on the Eiffel Tower because Chris Tucker said in an interview that they let them film there for 7 days. 
This is the video of the Behind the Scenes I was talking about earlier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment